Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Works for me Wednesday: KP help


I have keratosis pilaris, a constant chicken-skin-like rash caused by overkeratinization (hardening) of the hair follicles. The standard treatment seems to be lotions with either alpha hydroxy acids or lactic acid, which "eats away" at the keratinized clumps at the follicle. I had been using an "aging skin" lotion, but the bumps had not gone away.

Then I became a BzzAgent (which you can read about here), and I received the Clean and Clear "Soft" line of products to try and tell all my friends about. Well, the shower facial was too strong for my incredibly pale facial skin, but it worked wonders on my KP bumps! Three days of use and my legs are noticeably smoother. It burns a bit going on, but I will take that for finally having smooth legs.

Oh, if you don't know how BzzAgent works: You sign up at bzzagent.com and take surveys about your demographics and habits (do you smoke? do you travel? do you shower?) and they match you up with companies that want to do word of mouth campaigns. You sign up for campaigns that sound good (it is slow going at first) and they send you a kit to let you "experience the product" (ie they send you full-size products or instructions for an online service, etc.) and you spread the word about the product to your friends. Fill out a simple report, and you're done!

So, I guess that is two things that work for me: Clean and Clear "Soft" Shower Facial and bzzAgent.

Head over to rocks in my dryer to see more tips and tricks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's cool. I think I started with one of those companies and I got so much spam mail and more and more surveys that I just gave up and went out and bought the products I needed. Glad you got something that worked for you!

Carrie said...

Hi there! My son has KP and the dermatologist recommended a cream called CeraVe. You can buy it over the counter and it has really helped him! Just thought I would mention it to you!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey there just wanted to say thank you for the advice. I went out and bought that Clean & Clear "Steam" stuff and it WORKS!!! I LOOOOVE this stuff and I have you to thank for it so once again thanks for sharing!!!