Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Works for me Wednesday: backwards edition


Today Works for Me Wednesday is a backwards edition-- that means asking a question all you readers will undoubtedly want to answer, rather than giving y'all my fabulously insightful advice. So here's the question: I have brown hair which I have dyed red. However, instead of being copper fabulousness, I have some weird emo-red / purple streaks. I used Loreal Color Match, which until now I would have heartily recommended. Anyone have any solutions?

Head over to Rocks in My Dryer and answer more questions!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so funny because that was my backwards works for me Wed question too. I got some good answers-most of them said SEEK A PROFESSIONAL IMMEDIATELY

Veggiemomof2 said...

My SIL is a stylist. When she doesn't like the way her hair color turns out, she strips it out quicker w/Prell Shampoo. You can get it at Walgreens.

Sister Honey Bunch/Judi maloney said...

Boy. I don't really know. The picture in the top right corner is gorgeous. Is that you before or after the dye?

I say call your stylist and ask her for advice. They are usually happy to help clients in situations like this.

shopinchic said...

I say you should visit a salon.

Mom2fur said...

LOL...I did something like that, too. But all the kids thought it was really cool and made me look young!
Still, I agree a professional is probably your best course of action.

Monica said...

This in fact has happened to me. I called a hairdresser that I knew and she told me to wash it with dove dish soap...several times. This did take out quite a bit of the color and left my hair quite dry. So then I did an at home hot oil treatment, waited a couple of days and bought a highlighting kit for brown hair. I applied it all over and then rinsed it through. It was fairly successful- a little darker than I liked.

Now whenever I color my hair I never use anything with a red tone in it. I always use golden tones. And you know what? People still say that I have reddish hair. Go figure.